With many local councils introducing fees for pest control services that were once free, or cutting pest treatment services completely, more homeowners and businesses will turn to an independent local pest control company to treat vermin infestations. Here’s how Aim Environmental compares against council services.
Birmingham City Council recently scrapped five of its pest control services and introduced or increased fees for remaining services.
Meanwhile, Wolverhampton’s budget for council pest control services has been slashed by as much as 70 percent in the past 12 months. It’s the same scenario across most UK local authorities.
With reduced council services and rising fees, a local pest control company could offer you better value, treating your pest problem quicker and at a lower cost.
Most council pest control services are limited, whereas a local pest control company can give you greater flexibility. Here’s how Aim Environmental Services stacks up against local councils.
Council Pest Control Services
- Most local authorities do not offer pest control services on weekends or outside typical working hours (9am – 5pm)
- Emergency pest control is often not available
- Most council pest control services are charged by the hour
- Many local authority services are only available for certain types of pest
- Councils often require payment in advance
- The majority of councils have limited payment options
- Councils are prohibited from offering deals or discounts
- If you cancel a pest control callout, you will be charged
- Pest control support and advice is limited to council opening hours
- Due to demand, most councils have a pest control waiting list
Local Pest Control Company Services from Aim Environmental
- Aim Environmental Services operates on weekends and outside typical working hours
- Our pest control technicians are available for emergency callouts
- We charge a fixed fee per job, not per hour. You will know what you have to pay before we visit
- Pest control services are available for all types of vermin (except protected species)
- No upfront payment is required, you pay when the job is done
- Aim Environmental has multiple payment options, including our flexible fee system, which lets you spread the cost
- We occasionally run special deals or offer discounts
- There’s no fee for cancelling. A fee is charged if we visit your property and no treatment is carried out
- Support and advice is available through multiple channels outside typical working hours. You can contact us using Facebook Messenger, live chat with us on our website and access resources such as our blog for pest control advice
- We have no waiting list and Aim’s professional pest control technicians can respond to most callouts on the same day. Operating across the West Midlands – including Birmingham, Dudley, Redditch, Solihull, Stourbridge, Walsall and Wolverhampton – one of the Aim Team is always nearby.
As an independent, local pest control company, Aim Environmental Services gives you greater flexibility for your pest control needs. We don’t just treat pest problems, we offer pest proofing services to prevent vermin from returning and we follow up with customers after treatment to ensure the job is done.
For added peace of mind, we are members of the NPTA – National Pest Technicians Association and all of our highly trained, local pest control technicians are qualified up to RSPH Level 2 to ensure full compliance on and off site.