The Most Effective Ways to Control Birds in Commercial Properties
August 17, 2022
Industrial Facilities and the Dangers of Pesky birds
Industries spend thousands of pounds each year cleaning up bird droppings and repairing the damage. This ongoing nuisance is far more costly than regular property maintenance. Birds nesting within commercial spaces can pose serious dangers such as accidental falls, electric fires, and unsanitary conditions. These are just some risks associated with birds nesting within commercial areas.
Bird droppings can damage your reputation, cause structural problems, and increase the likelihood of falls and slips that could lead to costly litigation. It is also known that birds can transmit more than 60 diseases. Therefore, getting rid of bird droppings is essential to maintain a safe and sanitary workplace. Bird problems that are not addressed promptly can lead to costly settlements and severe health risks.
Why is Bird Control essential for commercial spaces?
These are the top reasons bird control is mandatory.
- Bird droppings can cause irreparable damage and destruction to roofs, walkways, vital equipment, and other items, including paint, cement, wood, and metals.
- Birds can get stuck in HVAC ducts and equipment, clogging components and causing fires.
- Foodborne illness and regulatory action can be triggered by birds contaminating food products.
- Bird allergies can be caused by bird faecal matter or feather dander.
- Customers, visitors and associates are not impressed by the presence of nesting materials or bird droppings in commercial spaces.
- Companies that spend time cleaning up bird droppings every day are wasting money and exposing their workers to more than sixty diseases spread by pest birds.
- The potential for flooding can be caused by nesting materials clogging gutters and drains.
- Bird droppings and nesting material found in food processing plants, storage facilities, restaurants, and other places can lead to heavy fines, legal action, and even the closure of all operations.
- Bird droppings can become slippery and harm your customers and employees.
- Infectious bird droppings in specific industries can breach health codes and lead to fines, lawsuits, and other legal actions.
- You are losing money if your production is affected by bird influence. Avoid working in areas where bird droppings can build up, as it could cause shutdowns.
- Birds making noise and swooping can distract and annoy your visitors and employees and affect work.
Safe and humane methods of controlling bird infestations
You can avoid potential health problems, property damage, costly equipment repairs, and fines for violating health codes, work stoppages and other costs by hiring a professional bird pest control team. They offer safe, effective, and viable solutions to all bird problems. These are the most popular bird exclusion methods:
- Bird netting
Netting is a physical barrier to keep birds out of undesirable areas such as gardens, canopies, or eaves. Netting prevents birds from nesting all year and protects any location from their nuisance.
- Shock Tracks
Shock tracks can be used to keep birds from dangerous areas. Although they may sound cruel, shock tracks are both humane and safe for scaring away birds. When the birds land on them, they emit mild electric shocks. Shock tracks are not harmful and can be discreetly nailed to or glued to any flat surface or curved surface, including parapet walls, rooflines, beams, beams, ledges, ledges, or eaves.
- Bird Spikes
Bird spikes are the best method to ensure birds don’t land in your yard. Spikes create a safe area for birds to rest, nest and perch in which even the most stubborn bird species will not venture. Spikes blend well with the environment and are designed not to harm. Bird spikes can be used on narrow surfaces such as signage, signs, parapet walls and ledges.
- Flash Tape and Chemical Repellants
Reflective flash tape is used to scare birds away from sunlight and wind.
Without professional help, bird control is not easy
Bird control can be frustrating and time-consuming for warehouse managers. Bird control isn’t as simple as chasing them away. They keep returning. Birds will roost and nest longer than you think. It is more difficult to eradicate them. As a bird control service, we offer customised solutions for commercial areas requiring prompt and professional bird control.
Contact Us Today same day call out available
Having rats, mice and squirrels in your property or place of work can be traumatising, not only for the effect on your health, but also the damage that can be caused to personal property, belongings or stock.